5 Best Beaches in Southern Brittany
The impossible task!!
With so many beautiful beaches to choose from, surely it would be difficult to choose our favourite beaches for the “5 Best Beaches in Southern Brittany”?
And that is just the problem! There are so many beaches in Southern Brittany, from sandy rocky coves to wild stunning stretches. How does one decide the shortlist?
No huge tidal variance
Southern Brittany has the advantage over Northern Brittany that there is not a huge tidal variance. Spectacular seascapes remain just that – spectacular, without turning to miles of mud-flats when the tide recedes. But all the beaches in Southern Brittany have the same tidal influence. So I can’t use this to distinguish them.
Something for everyone
Then, everyone likes something different from a beach:
- a calm sandy cove for the kids to build their sandcastles and eat their ice-creams;
- incoming waves for the joy of surfing, kite-surf or sailing;
- wild long sandy stretches to take a stroll;
- life-guarded beaches for a little bit of comfort – click here for more info on the summer surveillance;
- beaches with easy access to restaurants where you can dine in style with a view;
- beaches in close proximity to play parks for the children
So please, please, don’t take the following as the definitive list of the 5 Best Beaches in Southern Brittany. These are just our personal favourites for a whole host of different reasons and there are many, many, more beaches in Southern Brittany that are just as noteworthy. Consequently, enjoy your time here on holiday, find our favourites, but make your own too – they are all deserving of your attention.
Our 5 Best Beaches
(Click on the photo below to read the full review)
Plage de Port-Maria
Plage du Perello
Plage de Kerbihan
La Grande Plage
Anse de Sordan
Lac de Guerlédan
Gites in Southern Brittany
Looking for that dream holiday?
Want to find out more about our amazing holiday cottages?