“Le Tour Du Monde” at the Port du Kernevel in Larmor-Plage is our go-to place for our fix of moules frites or fish & chips if we are in the vicinity of Lorient or the Lorient beaches.
With views from upstairs at the port building, this is a perfect spot for either just a relaxing drink or a meal from the small select menu specialising in Moules frites (mussels and chips) and Fish & Chips.
Whilst enjoying a great meal take in the views over the yacht harbour stretching over to the WWII submarine base or in the other direction to the Bar Villa Margaret.
Good value, great atmosphere and friendly efficient staff – it is hard to resist coming back time after time.
Moules frites (mussels and chips) and Fish & Chips are served at both lunch time and evening, as well as salads and sandwiches at lunchtime. My favourite is the Moules au piment (pepper) which comes in a huge bowl I rarely manage to finish.
More reasons to visit Port du Kerneval:
If “Le Tour Du Monde” isn’t enough with its great views and food it is a great place to stop to soak up some history, sun or take a walk:
- Looking back to Lorient, one can see the imposing gargantuan structure of the WWII submarine pens unbowed by countless bombing runs which destroyed 90% of Lorient.
- Next to Le Tour du Monde, is the Villa Margaret and its neighbours Villa Kerozen and Villa Kerlilon, which became the headquarters of the German Admiral Dönitz in WWII between 1940 an 1942. Villa Margaret is now a bar and a great location on a sunny day to sit outside and soak up the views.
- A gentle walk in the direction of Larmor-Plage takes you past beaches and beautiful views of the estuary and over to historic Port-Louis.
- For a fine dining experience you can go downstairs to the restuarant below the Tour du Monde
- And during summer holidays, the port hosts various music events and you can catch the batobus (water taxi) to Port Louis, Gavres or Lorient.
Click here for more info on: